In case you missed it, you can read this post to see what this series is all about.
I miss the days of having a clean car interior. It seems like now you never know what you are going to find when you reach between the seats. It kind of parallels the same findings of beneath the couch cushions, right?
I’ve tried to brainstorm some ways for keeping my car in good standing. Here are a few I came up with:
1) Empty out any garbage in the car when I fuel up each week.
2) Keep a special container in the car for garbage, especially when we are taking longer trips.
3) Set limits on how many things the kids can bring with when we travel, even on shorter trips.
4) Add a “clean out car” day to the calendar each month and be sure to vacuum the floor/seats and to organize the console/glove-box.
5) Keep the trunk of the car more organized with a trunk organizer bag. Keep necessities in it like umbrella, flashlight, picnic blanket, ice scraper, etc.
6) Get a special bag for each kid to keep their own toys, treats etc in the car. Make them responsible for keeping it maintained.
7) Get in the habit of emptying out all garbage, paper, water cups, etc. each time we arrive home.
8) Set it up to get a car wash with each oil change and one in-between, as well.
9) Bi-annual detailing of the car. Look online to find a DIY for it.
These are just a few ways I’ve thought of to continue to keep my car clean and organized. What ways do you keep your car clean?
Stay tuned for another day of brainstorming on another stresser!